PVC Fittings onto Iron Pipe
Glueing PVC Fittings onto Iron Pipe
There are many situations in which repairing iron pipe can be difficult. Many times, the pipe is rusted, or in a location that is difficult to use tools to tighten the required fittings. Using Mr. Sticky's Underwater Glue, one can bond PVC Fittings
- PVC Fitting can be bonded to Galvanized, Black, Cast Iron or Rusty iron pipe.
- Clean the pipe as well as possible.
- Clean the PVC Fitting with Acetone, or Denatured Alcohol, then roughen with sandpaper and Clean the PVC Fitting with Acetone, or Denatured Alcohol a 2nd time.
- Apply Mr. Sticky's Underwater Glue to both the pipe and the fitting. If there is a gap, Mr. Sticky's Underwater Glue will fill a large gap, even if pipes are placed into a fitting at an angle, just fill all gaps with the glue.
- Place the fitting ove the pipe and allow to cure for approx 24 hrs at 70˚F. Cure times will reduce by 50% for every 15˚F in increased temperature. Cure times will increase by 100% for every 15˚F in decreased temperature.